Regional ICT / VSAT Sales Manager - West Africa
Date posted: June 09, 2016
Location required: Any of the following: Ghana, Nigeria and Liberia
Nationality: Local national preferred, but other nationalities will be considered
Language: English, Bilingual French + English is preferred
No. of positions required: 1 (Full-Time)
Prior proven ICT / VSAT Sales
New Business Development
- Responsible for regional sales and business development in the assigned Region with a focus on Africa selling Company’s services and building close relationships with Enterprises, ISPs, Teleports, corporations and media organizations according to general guidelines provided by Company Regional Sales Manager.
- Prospect for potential new markets and clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within his market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. *
- Proactive in development and definition of Company’s broadband / Satellite services products/solutions.
- Developing sales channel partners / resellers in the region
- Identify potential clients, and their decision makers within the client organization.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches. * Understand client needs, concerns, and objectives and work with team to develop proposals that speaks to those needs.
- Participate in presales and pricing of the solution/service.
- Work closely with partners to develop better, closer more strategic relationship to be able to receive better price and support for the customers.
- Managing and capitalizing on key partners and satellite providers.
- Expand business relationships to achieve forecast requirements.
- Grow sales revenue profitability by seeking better satellite solutions with better prices.
- Identify, screen, and qualify “prospects” interested in the satellite, VSAT solutions: Dedicated SCPC /SCPC Service, DVB-S2 Service, Shared services on iDirect & Comtech, Datum systems as well as mobile satellite solutions and other Satellite related products and services.
Account Management, Client Retention
- Understanding business needs of corporate clients and their business model to give them appropriate solutions.
- Develop and maintain business relations between the company and the customers.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with partners, technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. * Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Plan and attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Identify opportunities for events, campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
Management and Research
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Analyzing competitor processes in marketing, pricing and delivery
- Monitoring competitor moves in targeted region and propose solution to gain a better market share.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present sales training and mentoring to sales team and other internal staff.
- Assist the marketing department in creating suitable lead generation strategies
- Assist the marketing department in designing online marketing campaigns.